As most of you know, Demand Studios’ mission is to produce quality content across our network of online destinations, the largest of which is eHow.
At the beginning of 2010, Demand Studios and eHow editors teamed up to figure out how we could work together to achieve our goals of creating editorial harmony, building a tight-knit community and most importantly, producing exceptional content.
And while that may be our mission, our responsibility is to never forget our amazing team of writers. You help us achieve those goals every single day.
So when eHow set out to produce topical, entertaining and editorially driven content for their homepage, it only made sense for us to turn to our best writers. The result is eHow Premium Homepage Writers.
We are kicking this off by selecting 50 writers and a handful of CEs to join the eHow Premium Homepage Writers group. The first group of writers already has been chosen and will receive notification within 24 hours. If you don’t receive an email this time, don’t lose hope. Our invitations will be ongoing and are based on your ratings, rejection percentage and number of approved articles.
These writers will be invited to a forum group where they can gather to discover the latest eHow homepage assignments known as Premium How Tos. But what’s so special about Premium How Tos?
- Greater pay point. Since these articles are on a tighter deadline, require greater word counts, receive higher page views and require expertise or experience in a subject area, the price point is set at $80.
- Increased exposure. Each Premium How To will be featured prominently on the eHow homepage for at least one day with your byline. As an example of how many people read these articles, DS writer J.E. Myers recently wrote a Premium How To titled How to Kill a Facebook Bot. In only one week, it garnered 4 ½ stars with 53 ratings and 37 comments. The day after the article was posted, Myers wrote us and said, “WOW! I wasn't expecting all the comments and ‘friends’ and stuff. What fun! Can't wait till I get to do this again!!!!!”
- More creativity. Premium How Tos allow more individual voice than any other format. eHow looks for soulful, relevant articles with longer word counts and free form. See the following for examples of how current Premium How To writers can get creative:
- How to Protect an Aging Body
- How to Forgive, Forget and Let Go
- How to Cope with Aging Parents
- How to Wake Up Your Winter Wardrobe
Once again, we can’t possibly forget that our writers are the lifeblood of Demand Studios and eHow. We appreciate each and every one of you, and look forward to continuing our important Demand Studios-eHow mission with you this year!