Healthy Writing Starts Here
Writing for LIVESTRONG.COM and Demand Media Studios’ network websites offers the following benefits:
Your articles will reach a truly passionate audience. LIVESTRONG.COM users have tracked over 350 million food & fitness items and continually return to the site for information and support.
Establish your professional reputation by creating or extending your online brand. Use your profile page to showcase your work. You can network with other writers, editors and experts. Have on camera experience? You can also apply to star in online videos.
Writers are paid twice a week for all published articles. Per-article payments range from $30-$35 or more depending on length and topic of the article. All writers are also eligible for Demand Media Studios promotions, incentives and enrichment opportunities.
Our diet and nutrition assignments cover a wide variety of topics and categories. Writers can choose the topics most related to their expertise to execute on.
How Does It Work?
Once approved as a writer in our system, you will gain access to a variety of assignments within your area of expertise.
You choose which assignments you'd like to write, submit through our online work desk and work with our team of copy editors to get each piece ready for publication.
Visit our FAQ page if you have additional questions.
- Typical turnaround times for submitted articles is less than 7 days.
- We issue payments twice a week through PayPal.
- There is no maximum or minimum required to write for us.
- Your byline accompanies all of your articles to their destination site.
How Do I Qualify?
All potential writers must submit an application including their resume and a writing sample. In order to be approved, you will need to meet one or more of the following:
- At least three years professional experience working in a traditional health care or clinical medical field, coupled with experience writing on health topics for an established online or offline publication.
- Professional medical degree: M.D., D.O., B.S.N., M.S.N., D.N.P., D.N.Sc., M.P.A.S., M.M.Sc., M.H.S., D.Sc.P.A.
- A masters or doctoral degree in the following fields: Pharmacy, Public Health (clinical discipline), Medical Physiology, Biomedical Science, Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Respiratory Therapy, Physical Therapy, Dentistry, Optometry, Audiology, Nutrition/Dietetics